Note: I can't vouch for the quality of all the materials offered on the external sites listed here. Some are more useful than others. Use your own best judgment. To report errors or to recommend sites to add to this list, please contact me.
- Amaravati Buddhist Monastery (Amaravati Buddhist Monastery, UK; PDF and HTML) offers a chanting guide and books by monastics from the Amaravati Buddhist sangha.
- Annotated Bibliography of Buddhism (Gregory Smith, USA) provides brief synopses of hundreds of books on Buddhism, and was prepared by the authors of the exceptionally clear and useful textbook The Buddhist Religion: A Historical Introduction (Fourth Edition).
- Beyond the Net (Damrivi Foundation, Sri Lanka; HTML) has a collection of good short introductory articles about Theravada Buddhism by such authors as Bhikkhu Bodhi, Piyadassi Thera, Mithra Wettimuny, and Lily de Silva.
(Warning: this site makes heavy use of frames, graphics, and applets. Extra patience required.)
- BuddhaNet (Buddhanet, Australia; PDF, HTML, and other formats) has a large archive of Buddhist texts in a variety of formats.
- BuddhaSasana (Binh Anson; HTML) offers a good selection of articles and translations by contemporary authors (mostly Theravadan), in a very readable format.
- Cittaviveka (Chithurst Buddhist Monastery, UK; PDF and HTML) offers Dhamma talks and books by Ajaan Sucitto and other members of the Chithurst sangha.
- Downloadable Dhamma Talks & Writings of Thanissaro Bhikkhu (Nate Osgood; PDF) offers numerous articles and books by by Thanissaro Bhikkhu, including some not yet available on Access to Insight, including The Shape of Suffering: A Study of Dependent Co-arising.
- Forest Sangha (Worldwide; PDF and HTML) is a portal page for the monastic communities of disciples of Venerable Ajahn Chah, particularly in the West. It offers links to books, articles, and talks by teachers in that tradition.
- Forest Sangha Books (UK; epub, mobi, PDF) offers Dhamma books in downloadable Ebook formats by the European monastic communities of disciples of Venerable Ajahn Chah.
- Going Forth (Malaysia) offers a collection of links to sites offering personal reflections on life as a Theravada Buddhist monk or nun.
- Good Question, Good Answer (Bhante Dhammika, Singapore; HTML) is the online version of Ven. Dhammika's introduction to Dhamma.
- Guide to Buddhism A-Z (Bhante Dhammika, Singapore; HTML) is a handy glossary of Buddhist terminology.
- Treasures of Pariyatti (Pariyatti, USA; PDF) offers a growing collection of out of print Dhamma articles and periodicals.
- Theravada Buddhist Women's Resources (Steve Russell; HTML) has a collection of writings by Buddhist women teachers, ancient and modern.
- Wat Pah Baan Taad (Thailand; PDF) offers a number of books by Ajaan Maha Boowa".
- Yellow Robe (Yi-Lei Wu; mostly PDF) offers a number of books by Bhikkhu Pesala, Mahasi Sayadaw, Sayadaw U Silananda, and others.