Subject: What_Buddha_Said 2838: Breakthrough!
From: "Bhante Samahita" <[email-masked]>
To: "'1. 1A'" <[email-masked]>, "'1. 2A'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 06:01:59 +0530
List-Id: <what_buddha_said.googlegroups.com>

Friends:

How does the 7 Links to Awakening induce Breakthrough?

The Blessed Buddha once said: 
And what, Bhikkhus, is the way that induces vast penetration? 
It is: These 7 Links to Awakening! What seven? 

1: The Awareness <http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Awareness_Sati.htm>
Link to Awakening:
<http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Awareness_Sati.htm>
sati-sambojjhanga.
2: The Investigation
<http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Investigation_Vicaya.htm>  Link to
Awakening:  <http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Investigation_Vicaya.htm>
dhammavicaya-sambojjhanga.
3: The Energy <http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Energy_Viriya.htm>
Link to Awakening:
<http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Energy_Viriya.htm>
viriya-sambojjhanga.
4: The Joy <http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Joy_Piti.htm>  Link to
Awakening:  <http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Joy_Piti.htm>
pīti-sambojjhanga.
5: The Tranquillity
<http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Tranquillity_Passaddhi.htm>  Link to
Awakening:
<http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Tranquillity_Passaddhi.htm>
passaddhi-sambojjhanga.
6: The Concentration
<http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Concentration_Samadhi.htm>  Link to
Awakening:
<http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Concentration_Samadhi.htm>
samādhi-sambojjhanga.
7: The Equanimity
<http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Equanimity_Upekkha.htm>  Link to
Awakening:  <http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Equanimity_Upekkha.htm>
upekkhā-sambojjhanga.

Then, the Venerable Udayi asked the Blessed Buddha:  
Venerable Sir, how are these 7 Links to Awakening developed and cultivated 
so that they lead up to, and induce vast penetration? 
Udayi, when a Bhikkhu develops the Seven Links to Awakening supported 
by seclusion, disillusion, and ceasing,  it culminates in a mental release,
which is vast, exalted, and infinite, without any trace of ill will or
opposition.
With such exalted mind matured and refined by these 7 Links to Awakening, 
he penetrates, smashes and eliminates the mass of greed, that he has never 
before penetrated, smashed and eliminated; he penetrates, demolishes and 
eradicates the heap of hate, that he has never before penetrated, demolished

and eradicated; and he penetrates, disintegrates and disperses the
accumulation 
of confusion, that he has never before penetrated, disintegrated and
dispersed...
It is, Udayi, when these Seven Links to Awakening are developed and
cultivated 
in exactly this way, that they lead to this incisive breakthrough of
penetration...

On the 7 Links to Awakening (Sambojjhanga
<http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/The_7_Links_to_Awakening.htm> ): 
 <http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/The_Sun.htm>
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/The_Sun.htm
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/The_Peak.htm
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/The_Clothes.htm
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Rare_Emergence.htm
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Sequential_Seven.htm
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Vast_Penetration.htm
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/The_Seven_Fruits.htm
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Unsurpassable_Seven.htm
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/When_7_becomes_14.htm
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/The_7_Links_to_Awakening.htm
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Leading_to_Enlightenment.htm
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/The_Seven_Links_to_Awakening.htm
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/The_Cause_of_Knowledge_and_Vision.htm
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/The_Meaning_of_the-7_Links_to_Awakenin
g.htm

Source (edited extract): 
The Grouped Sayings of the Buddha. Samyutta Nikāya. 
Book [V: 87-88] section 46: The Links.28: Leading to Penetration... 

Breakthrough!

Have a nice & noble day!

signature.pic
Friendship is the Greatest! 
 <http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?title=Bhikkhu_Samahita> Bhikkhu
Samāhita _/\_ ]
 <http://what-buddha-said.net/> http://What-Buddha-Said.net

-- 
-- 
Related Buddhist site: http://What-Buddha-Said.net

Group Home: http://groups.google.com/group/What_Buddha_Said
 
Edit your membership to unsubscribed, normal email, 
summary, digest or no email here: 
http://groups.google.com/group/What_Buddha_Said/subscribe 

May all beings become thus Happy! 
Friendship is the GREATEST! 
Have a Nice Day! 

Bhikkhu Samahita

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "What_Buddha_Said" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email-masked].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.